Spend New Years Eve in Iceland at the centrally located Hotel Klettur, and enjoy fireworks, bonfires, food, drink and local celebrations. Experience the unique traditions that make Iceland a magical and fascinating destination to visit for New Year, exploring the country’s capital, witnessing geysers, hot springs, mighty waterfalls and other natural wonders within the Golden Circle, and taking part in festive celebrations. Bathe in the mineral-rich waters of the famous Blue Lagoon geothermal spa, and search for the northern lights.
Stay at the popular 3-Star Hotel Klettur and enjoy a great location, close to all of Reykjavik's attractions.
Arrive in Iceland. Transfer to the 4-star hotel Klettur in Reykjavik and check in for three nights. Stay in a Superior Double room. Perhaps take an optional northern lights tour this evening.
Today drive over the highland plateau of Hellisheidi, passing the geothermal town of Hveragerdi, known for the green house culture. Enjoy the highlights of South Iceland's natural wonders on an excursion around the Golden Circle. See the mighty Gullfoss waterfall plunge into a 32m crevice, visit the Geysir geothermal field to find bubbling mud pools and witness Strokkur geyser erupting into the sky, and en route back to Reykjavik stop at Thingvellir National Park, an UNESCO World Heritage Site, known for its fascinating natural beauty and spectacular geological features. Here the first Icelandic parliament was established over 1,000 years ago.
At around 17:15pm transfer from the hotel to the magnificent revolving Perlan restaurant and enjoy a festive 4-course gala dinner. After the main course enjoy a 2 hour Reykjavik Bonfire & Christmas Lights Tour to celebrate with Icelanders at the bonfires that are situated all over the city. Return to the Perlan restaurant for desert and at midnight, celebrate the New Year with a glass of sparkling wine whilst watching fireworks from the panoramic balcony. Transfer back to the hotel around 02:00am (transfers start at 00:30 for those who wish to go home early) (B,L,D)
Depart Reykjavik and explore the peninsula with its dramatic sea shores, fascinating hot springs, lunar lanscapes, lava fields and fishing villages.The guided tour continues to the bridge over the continents and to the light house at the edge of the Reykjanes peninsula.
After lunch, enjoy a trip to the Blue Lagoon, an oasis in the lava that owes its existence to a nearby geothermal power plant. Stay here for around 2 hours and enjoy a refreshing bathe or a swim in the pleasantly warm mineral-rich water, famously known for its healing properties. Return to Reykjavik around 16:30 and spend the evening at leisure. (B,L)
Transfer to the airport for the flight back to the UK. (B)
4 day tour, from £1099 per person
- Return flights in economy class with Icelandair direct from London Heathrow, London Gatwick or Manchester airports
- All airport taxes & security charges
- Accommodation at the 3-star Hotel Klettur in a standard room with breakfast
- All transfers and transportation
- Sightseeing with English-speaking guide/driver
- Golden Circle Tour including lunch
- The Perlan Festive Dinner & Bonfire Tour
- Reykjanes Peninsula Tour including lunch
- Entrance to the Blue Lagoon (towel included)
The Perlan Gala Dinner on New Year's Eve
- Return transfer from your hotel to the Perlan Restaurant (no guide)
- Welcome drink
- Festive 4 course Gala Dinner
- 1/2 bottle of wine
- Guided special Reykjavik Bonfire & Christmas Lights Tour
- Glass of sparkling wine at midnight
- Travel Insurance
- Tips and gratuities
- Meals other than specified
- Items of personal nature (laundry, drinks etc.)
30 Dec 2016
02 Jan 2017
Click on images to enlarge