Discover the scenic highlights of the south on this 5-day express fly-drive. Pick up the hire car at Keflavik airport and drive along the south coast of Reykjanes Peninsula to the famous Blue Lagoon for a therapeutic dip in the geothermal waters. Follow Route 1 past gigantic Skogafoss waterfall, infamous Eyjafjallajokull volcano, the black sand beaches of Vik and on to Skaftafell National Park before returning to Reykjavik via the natural wonders of the Golden Circle.
Please contact us to pre-book your Blue Lagoon excursion as pre-booking is mandatory
Arrival in Keflavik International airport and collect the car. Drive to the famous Blue Lagoon (optional), known for its special mineral-rich waters. Continue along the south coast of Reykjanes peninsula stopping at the Seltun Krisuvik hot spring area. End the day in the greenhouse town of Hveragerdi. Overnight in this area.
Spend the day in the area of the 2010 Eyjafjallajokull eruption. Stop at Seljalandsfoss waterfall before heading to the visitor center at Thorvaldseyri. Continue to Skogar Folk Museum and Skogarfoss waterfall, and stop at the rock formation Reynisdrangar before passing through the small town of Vik. Drive across the sand plain of the Myrdalsjokull glacier and through the lava fields in area of town Kirkjubaejarklaustur. End the day at Skaftafell National Park. (B)
Explore Skaftafell National Park. perhaps choose to hike to Svartifoss waterfall with its black column basalt walls. For those who wish to continue walking, why not head all the way up the glacier tongue Svinafellsjokull. In the afternoon drive to Jokulsarlon glacier lagoon, where small and large icebergs are floating. Take an optional boat tour among them. End the day in small village Vik. (B)
Visit the famous Gullfoss waterfall and explore the Geysir hot spring area, where Strokkur erupts every 10-15 minutes. In the afternoon, visit Thingvellir National Park, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, this incredible site is remarkable for its geology and it was here the Viking established their parliament in 930AD. Drive back to the quirky capital, Reykjavik and check in to the accommodation for an overnight stay. (B)
Return the car to Keflavik International airport and fly back to the UK. (B)
5 day tour, from £945 per person
- Return flights in economy class with Icelandair direct from London Heathrow
- Airport taxes
- Accommodation in various hotels and country guesthouses
- Meals as specified (B= breakfast, L= lunch, D= dinner)
- Car Hire in N-class (VW Polo or similar), pick up/and drop off at Keflavik Airport, unlimited mileage, airport service charge and CDW/TP insurance and tax*
- Personalised travel documents including suggested activities, natural wonders and places to eat complete with GPS coordinates
- 24 hour emergency support number
- Travel Insurance
- Tips and gratuities
- Any excursions/entrance fees
Upgrade to M class Skoda Octavia Station (automatic) from £65pp Upgrade to P-group Suzuki Vitara 4WD (manual) from £105pp * please contact us for terms and conditions of the car hire.
- 15 Jun - 22 Aug from £1330
- 23 Aug - 31 Aug from £1240
- 01 Sep - 30 Sep from £1155
- 01 Oct - 31 Oct 2018 Oct from £945
Click on images to enlarge